SAHM did you have issues about going back to work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would cry just to even think about it, but we needed an extra income coming in because my Husband was laid off. He does have a job now, but he's only making half of what he used to make. I looked for a job, but I never found anything that could work around our schedules especially because my Son goes to therapy a few times a week. I finally found work from home. It's the best decision I made for our Family. Sometimes we just have to do what we have to do.

Hope this helps a bit.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Currently about to do so: Pizza Delivery Person! **Insert super hero theme song** lol Only part-time though. It's kind of scary going to work again :\

We'd be doing the same Erin814, opposite schedules to save on daycare, but I'd only be working like 3-4 days a week so the rest will be family time (about at last 1/2 the day because of HIS work).
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 1:09 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• least*
    Deathlilly

• I did not want to put my kids in daycare...so I chose work from home to help my hubby pay the bills.

www.scentsy.com/my2scents

Love it!!!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 2:21 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I went back to work for about 4 months, just part-time. I worked the opposite of my husband's schedule so that one of us was always with my son. It was miserable. We had no family time and I was constantly working between the job, school, and housework. I wouldn't do it again.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I did have to find work b/c we couldn't possibly live in NJ without 2 incomes...So I have found the best of both worlds by have a lucrative Business at home .I have no products at all, so I have no parties to do, or sales pitch. I help 100's of families all the time who are in the same boat all over the country and I make nearly as much as DH in his banking job! Ohhh and LOLOLOL....I onlly work 1/2 the time he does!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I give all of you SAHMs a lot of credit. I couldn't do it.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2010