Why did you become a witch or practice wicca???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 12:59 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Because it feels right to me. I have went through alot of religions but it is the only one that has ever stuck and that I believe in a 100% in.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Because it spoke to me. I always kinda believed it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I practice witchcraft because it spoke to me. I am not a wiccan though.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 1:14 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I am not a Wiccan but Pagan who practices witchcraft. I always felt I have the heart and soul of a Pagan. I never had a sense of "I am home" when I was Christian. The moment I became Pagan my soul soared and my heart lifted.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:58 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Oh yeah I practice the craft, but am not wicca. I'm a Christo-witch.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm a Pagan Witch, I'm not Wiccan. But for me Paganism is something that has always come from within. Witchcraft has always just been a part of life - even before I knew what it was... I believe these are aspects I was able to retain from previous lives... I was raised in a very strict JW home where even other Christian beliefs were believed to be demonic and wrong. Yet, even as a small child I knew, even without having a title for it yet, that I was a Pagan... I believed in many Gods & Goddesses, even though I was told this was wrong and evil... I not only had, but embraced my visions and ability to see and hear things others couldn't. I was 6 when I discovered a book in the school library which was about Witchcraft and knew almost from the moment I picked it up that it was meant for me to find... I spent the next week's recesses reading it and shortly after announced that I was a witch...

cont...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:43 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I obviously didn't know what all that meant, but as I grew and learned more and more I found myself facing a choice... To either "rebel" against everything I was being taught and told by my family and their strict religious beliefs, or to follow my heart. The choice was simple. I followed my heart... Even without the ability to really study or practice (being in a JW house, this was strictly forbidden) most of what I learned had to be from reading while at school - which became easier as the internet became more available in middle & highschools. It was a struggle with my family from day one, but for me it was a no brainer. To give up and try to fit what they wanted was only lying about who I really was and what I really believed...

Today I have been studying for over 15 years and practicing openly almost 10... I can't imagine life any other way!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:47 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I've always had beliefs in god/goddess and believed in honoring nature. So I was already pagan. I just hadn't a clue what the formal name for it was as a kid.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:57 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I was looking into other religions and when I came across Wicca and Paganism, it just kind of clicked. I started out as Wiccan and kind of evolved to Eclectic Paganism over the years.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 7:25 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I tried it because my life was out of my control and the bastards were winning. At first, I wasn't sure that practicing witchcraft would work. I had been an atheist for a little less than a decade and needed something a little more interactive. But when I cast my first spell and it worked, well, it didn't matter if most atheists don't even believe in magick. I'm of the opinion that if a concept works I don't have any need to know WHY it works to keep doing it. If it stops working, I'll stop doing it. I studied Wiccan concepts and find most of them sound, but I don't consider myself to be one. After nearly 30 years with the hateful, bloodthirsty christian god, I decided I didn't want any more gods/goddesses to deal with. The god concept failed me, but the witchcraft didn't. And hasn't to this day.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010