I was diagnosed with Pcos back in 2004 now I will see a new gynecologist in a cole of days. Do u think that I should let her know about my past diagnosis or should I let her diagnose me to see what she would say is happening to me.

Darla600

Asked by Darla600 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I would bring it up but let her know if you don't feel that it was accurate and have her rerun some tests just to be sure.
    DessC

Answer by DessC at 9:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Do you have reason to believe you have been misdiagnosed?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would tell the new Dr everything, including the reason you may be reluctant to tell her about your PCOS diagnosis.

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Have you PCOS symptoms gone away?
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:29 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would tell her about the diagnosis. But I would say it as "I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2004" not "I have PCOS". If you are not sure that was the correct diagnosis, though, also say that.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• That's a great point. I guess I'm wondering if I still have Pcos 6 years later.
    Darla600

Comment by Darla600 (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Jul. 26, 2010