Scott Cunningham - PIOG

One of the series I've been doing for my blog is a "Reading List" series. The first I did was just a general reading list for beginners where I included the "For Dummies," "Everything," & "Idiots" books... But I am starting now to do "Author Inspired" Lists, where I list the books by author along with "reader ratings" and/or reviews.

Because Scott Cunningham continues to be suggested over and over again, I've decided to start with him. Now, I have a list of his books by title, but I have never read any of them myself...

So, here are my questions...

1.) Which SC books would you suggest and which would you not?
2.) Can you give me a brief "review" for any SC books you have read?
3.) On a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being best) what would you assign the books you have read by SC?

Ladies Thanks for your help! You are all a blessing to me!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh gosh. i've read a few of his books but can't remember them by name at the moment. ...

i will try to come back here tomorrow after i've had a little time to review what i own and i'll get back to you.
    if i still forget then post something in my chatter box and i'll reply that way.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I haven't read any yet, but my friend just bought me one that she says is a five. I'm going to start it tomorrow.

The Truth About Witchcraft Today

I'm not sure though I'll get back to you after I read it
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Well, I think what I am going to do is post with the list and gather as many reader reviews as I can... But them I am going to ask that everyone chimes in with their views on the blog... That way if I miss anyone or as people read the stuff they can let us all know what they think! So even if after it's posted you can still let us know what you think! And make sure to send you friend my way too, I love all comments, even from non-CMers! lol!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Ive read his book about herbs....I really like it, its a good reference book.
    Ive also read his book about Wicca:Guide to the Solitary Practitioner.
    Its what opened my eyes to what Wicca was about so Id give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

I think thats it for his books.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Thanks so much Amaranth! Here's the post if you all want to check it out... As I get more reviews and ratings I'll be adding them!

http://witchywonderland.blogspot.com/2010/07/what-to-read-reading-by-author-scott.html

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Oh I totally spaced his Incense and Oil book...I have that too. Its got some great "recipes" in it. I tried a couple...nice.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2010