Who knows about children with PDD and structure in schools?

This will be the 3rd school in 3 yrs, I have gone to the schools in my district and my son's father's district. The school in my area has more knowledge of ADHD, PDD and asperger's the other school did not have any with PDD or asperger's. The academic's are about the same, they both offer the 504 program. I am the one who goes to all the doctor's (they are no real help), I go to the school events, volunteer and follow with my child's schooling everyday. I don't believe a child can have structure if the school staff are not knowledgable, experienced in what our children need and have a good parent/teacher involvement and provide safety for my child. The other 2 schools he was in while the father picked what schools were not able to give my son or us what I believe we need from them. Since they are with my child in the day, I am not asking for more than what we should have. What do you think?

friendlyterri

Asked by friendlyterri at 1:13 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't know much about this but have your tried home schooling your child.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:15 AM on Jul. 26, 2010