Is it ok to have an occasional can of pop?

I wasn't feeling the hottest so I laid down and sipped on some vernors (ginger ale).

Zoeybug

Asked by Zoeybug at 5:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I haven't asked a doctor, but from everything I've read, you can have up to 500 mg or 300 mg of caffeine a day (I can't remember which it was). For me, that would be either 9 cans of Mountain Dew or 5 cans. I'm leaning more towards the 300 mg, because that sounds more accurate to how many I had figured out I could have in a day (the 5 cans). I know that you can have some caffeine, just don't over-do it.
    Cruelicious

Answer by Cruelicious at 5:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Oh yes, of course! They don't recommend a ton of Caffeine, but I just restricted myself to one can of soda a week, and the doc said that was fine :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Yes, even a few cans a week is okay!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I have a can of coke or dr. pepper once or twice a week. My doctor said 250 mg of caffeine a day is okay.
    shanamarie

Answer by shanamarie at 5:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I drink at least three cans of soda a week. Honestly, as long as you aren't drinking like four cans a day, you'll be perfectly fine =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• 300 mg per day of caffeine is what I was told was acceptable. That was a cup of coffee and a glass of tea for me!!! Thank goodness because I live for fresh brewed ice tea!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2008