Why are you an athesis???Do you want your kid to be one too???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 1:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I am atheist because I lack any valid reasons to believe in any dieties. My children will be whatever their hearts and minds tell them to be. I cannot choose their path for them it's something they will have to find themselves. I will help them and support them however I can no matter what they decide.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:29 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i will pray for yall

What a jerkingly loving remark to say. I will pray for you to so you can maybe find some class, that you just showed to lack.

I am Christian and though I would like my kids to follow my foot steps. I support any personal decision they make including this.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:42 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm not an Atheist... But I would think that the majority of us at least somewhat hope our children will follow in our footsteps - especially when it comes to things like religious beliefs - or lack there of. That said, every Atheist I know is more than okay with having children who find their own path - as long as they don't try to push it or preach to mom & dad...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:58 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I am an atheiest...
    I am this way because I used to believe in God but bad things kept happening in my life and the lives of others that I knew. I always wondered why God would think it was ok to let a little girl be raped. Or why it was ok to prostitute out a child for your own selfish beliefs, ect. It made no sense to me and no one in my church could answer it. They just said it was His plan. Bull crap. Thats not good enough. No child should have to suffer the way alot of kids do. So I stopped believing. And I dont want my kids to believe in God either. But if they chose a religion, I am fine w/ it.
    Ballababy177

Answer by Ballababy177 at 2:03 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm an atheist because the concept of god is just too ludicrous for me to take seriously and I won't be enslaved by religion.  Yes I do want my children to remain dogma free and so far at 13 and 17 they are, but whatever they choose is fine by me as long as they aren't indoctrinated.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm an Atheist- You're not. I can't wrap my brain around why YOU believe what you do... Likewise, you'll fail to understand or accept the many reasons why WE believe what we do.

It is simply impossible for me to believe that your deity (or any, for that matter) exists, or ever has. I wish I could live a couple thousand more years, so that I could watch the evolutionary progression which will draw us out of the need for religion. Unfortunately, I'll never see it. But that is where we're headed.

Pray for me all you want, your words fall on deaf ears.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:53 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm an Atheist because my heart tells me there is no god and after doing research and educating myself on ancient religions and myths, I came to the conclusion that they are all just meadow muffins perpetrated as truth. My kids are raised to learn about god because that's what their father wishes but I also teach them about Atheism in order for them not to be one-sided and to believe whatever they are told. Sooner or later, they will make up their own minds and whichever path they choose, I will still love them.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:11 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Btw my children are third generation atheists on both sides of their family tree.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:08 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Pray for me and I will light candles of hope for you to find my truth instead of yours.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Not a athesis and, since I didn't go to college, I never will be. I am an a-the-ist because it makes sense. Because when you follow the truth to the end, this is what you find. Because it's a RELIEF to know that gods don't exist and never have--well, except in the minds of the humans who create them. No heaven. No hell. No vicious, bloodthirsty bastard in the sky watching every move I make and judging it. No gods causing tragedies or disasters. Just life taking us up and down and forward. I am freer as an atheist than I ever was as a whiny, begging, frightened godslave.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2010