how can i get more information on healthy foods and cooking methods.

I just came to the US and am having problems in knowing and cooking healthy foods.I think information about healthy foods preparation can take away my food frustration .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Food & Drink

• unless you dont have an high income in the states its hard to afford healthy food... like fresh veggies and fruits. the prices are awful high.
    BUT its still cheaper to buy fresh food (veggies, meat, fruits) than all this fast-junk-food. :-/

the best thing - if you cant cook - is to check for recipes on google. I dont really know where else to find recipes for healthy food, because i learned to cook from my mum and dont use recipes.

If you want to know how to make some cheap and tasty and absolutely healthy soups/stews then pls let me know. ;)

have fun cooking!

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• First thing I'd do, find the farmer's markets near you. They're often the best source for fresh, healthy produce and often less expensive than the store for what you get. There are a million good sites and magazines to find recipes, Cooking Light is a good example. It's got a ton of recipes that are all delicious, but changed just slightly to make them healthier and more nutritious.

I put a lot of recipes on my blog, if you want to check it out. http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com

It's just a new blog, only a couple months old, but I'll be posting regularly to it, and putting up links to other similar sites eventually too.

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 9:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• just remember fresh is always better, don't get sucked into to the processed foods mania that this country is consumed with. The US is so diversified with produce & foods, I think you would be able to do many of the same meals you were doing before. I am a huge advocate on healthy living habits, and wish that everyone would go a more natural route with their foods.

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 1:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2008