Avent bottles

I have some on the avent bottles, and i don't know if they are bpa free? If i don't recall seeig BPA free on the box does that mean they have it. I didn't even know until recently that it was in bottles of even what it was. And i think i may have the ones that have in it. Does anyone know if the regular ones have it in them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure, i have the same question as i have a few of these bottles as well.
    KiwiJo

Answer by KiwiJo at 5:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I have the Avent bottles that aren't BPA free, if they are they will say so on the box...

I think it is like a big pink sticker, not positive on the color.

I think it is safe as long as you aren't heating them in the microwave, which I don't
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• ALL the avent until just recently have BPA in them...they say avent free no BPA on the box for the BPA free ones
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Try looking them up online like at walmart.com or target.com or something and see what the product description says. Or just google search that type of thing.

I heard that the rigid plastic bottles are the ones at risk of having that chemical in it. The glass bottles or the softer plastic ones (like some Gerber styles or Walmart's "Parents Choice" styles) don't have BPA. I don't know about Avent...
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 5:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• It is hard clear plastic, it has BPA. Colored, and flexible plastics do not contain BPA. So if it is foggy and flexy it is most likely BPA free, otherwise hard and clear it definately is not.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 6:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Unless you're heating your bottles to boiling in the microwave the danger of the BPA is nil. If you're that worried, go buy glass bottles.
    Anonymous

• if yoy feel the need to switch then do so but what they arent tellig you is that its such a minimal amount that is in there... also, its mostly a warning if you boil your bottles and then put milk in them, the hot liquid can leach into the milk. Its a huge controversy, i use the avent bottles, and they may or may not be bpa free.. my pediatrian isnt worried about it, he said if i was worried, then switch them, but the only bottles that can be 100% bpa free are glass ones. Anything with plastic can contain bpa, its a personal choice. My son only gets one bottle a day, and i dont heat them, or boil them, i just wash them, and then pour his pumped milk into them. Good luck, avent does have them labeled by the way.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:28 AM on Oct. 3, 2008