So I just saw a match.com commercial and I'm curious. Have you ever tried online dating?

I did it a few times and my luck was about 50/50. I had a couple of really cute guys and a few weirdos. But the best experience was when I met my husband. After a long line of dating losers from both my hometown and online dating I found the man of my dreams. We've been married for 6 years now.

Miss_cecilia

Asked by Miss_cecilia at 3:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Your experience sounds very similar to mine!  I had dated some real losers that I'd met around town, so I joined a dating website.  I used a Catholic dating website though (CatholicMatch.com) because my faith is very important to me and I wanted to marry a man who felt the same way.  The guys that I met through there were still about 50/50, though, with one really, truly, horrible date thrown in (http://sahm2.livejournal.com/64209.html); but eventually I met my now-husband.  We're very happy together and I'm grateful that we found each other!

SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 7:43 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I've met most of the guys I dated online. I'm a kid of the internet generation, so that was pretty much my livelihood growing up. Chat rooms, penpal sites, you name it I was there. I met a lot of great people on there and a few people that can rot in hell.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• No I wouldn't either. Shoot you don't know who your talking to on the net. I could be Hannibal lecture for all you know!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• All the couples I see on Match.com commercials look like they're brother and sister. Just saying.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:50 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I met my husband of 5 years on match. Before I met him I dated a couple of other guys who although they weren't the one they were nice guys.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:22 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yep, and I met a great guy! Now I just have to wait for him to figure that out....
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 10:37 AM on Jul. 26, 2010