Membranes striped

Im 36 weeks today and had my midwife strip my membranes. Ive heard that it doesnt always work. My mom had it done 4 times with me but my husbands mom had it done once and went into labor that night. I am having contractions since then but I think its only braxton hicks. I am 2cm dialated and 50% thinned and ive lost some of my mucas plug. This is my firsts baby does any one have any ideas of my chances of having this baby soon?

cassy080

Asked by cassy080 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was dilated to a .5 they said MAYBE a 1 and seriously not even 10% thinned but I got my membranes stripped the day before my due date when in to labor the same night and had my son on my due date!!
    KBM99

Answer by KBM99 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Why would you want to have it before 40 weeks? I don;t even know why your doctor is stripping your membranes that early!! It is painful and it never worked for me. I always went late and had to be induced. You don;t want to have your baby too early and have it go into respiratory distress :( I would just wait, and let it take it's course.
    realdeals426

Answer by realdeals426 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I was going to ask also, why is she doing this if your are only 36 weeks pregnant?
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 6:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• with my last pregnancy i went 2 my doc appt around 1 in the afternoon she stripped mt membranes and i went into labor that night around 6pm so i think it does put u in labor but everyone is different!! good luck!!! sisnce ur already dialated i bet u go into labor soon
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I had mine stripped and my contractions did pick up, but not enough to do any good. I had to later be induced and then have my membrane ruptured to actually get me going.
    motheram

Answer by motheram at 1:03 AM on Oct. 3, 2008