has any one ever had their child (under 1) climb out of their crib using the bumpers?

Ashley_N_Steve

Asked by Ashley_N_Steve at 4:31 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD is 2 and I still have her bumpers in her crib cause when I have taken it out she got mad cause the hall light was in her eyes so i moved her crib and still she had a fit so I moved the crib back and put the bumper back in and she was fine. But she knows if she trys to climb out that she will get really bad boo boos. We showed her what would happen with her froggy. He had band-aids on for week :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• my son never made it out but too close for my comfort
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 4:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yeah my oldest did that at nine mnths.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:38 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• thats adorable =) my son just learned how to pull him self up to standing in his crib. and i'm scared he will throw himself over the edge using them, but lowering the crib to the floor seems crazy to me. and i don't want his legs to get stuck in the slates if i remove the bumpers......i haven't ever heard of any ones kids actually using them as a step before
    Ashley_N_Steve

Comment by Ashley_N_Steve (original poster) at 4:39 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• the adorable was the the first answer............... so they have actually fell over the edge? should i just lower the crib to it lowest level?
    Ashley_N_Steve

Comment by Ashley_N_Steve (original poster) at 4:41 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My cribs instructions said to lower it all the way when they were able to pull up, what do your instructions say?
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 5:16 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yup! Smart, aren't they? :)
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 6:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Babies are primates they are natural climbers and love to climb. Take the bumper out.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:51 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I walked in on my at the time ten month with his waist level with the top bar cause he was using them to stand on. Yeah, i took them out. I had already lowered the crib at 7 months cause he could pull up, but standing on them, made him so much taller. He is almost 13 months now and i have to lower it again, hes alot taller now..lol..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2010