Really? Illegal?!?!

I heard something today that didn't make much sense. A friend told me that CPS has told the it is illegal to awaken a sleeping child(during the night) for non-emergency reasons. I thought this was ridiculous but then I remembered hearing about it before. I used to work in childcare and they had to inform us of all the state laws and this was one. Has any one else ever heard of this before??? Is it just some states or is it a load of BS someone made up to scare people?

krystie-tina

Asked by krystie-tina at 5:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Um, i worked at a daycare and they didn't say it was illegal, they just said not to do it. I was told to wake DD up in the middle of the night to eat at the hospital.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 5:22 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Who knows! I've never heard of it!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:38 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Being illegal sounds like a crock of bull. Its not exactly wise to wake a child unless it is for an important reason, lest you want to deal with a cranky little one for no good reason, but I highly doubt it is illegal.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 5:40 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Really ??? that sounds really stupid, sometimes I have to awake my baby boy so whe can go and pick up hubby from work, I hope I don't get arrested LOL!!!
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 5:41 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It may be against some states' regulations for daycare centers, but saying it's illegal sound like a load of bull to me.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Sounds like bs to me. How are they gonna prove you & not some loud noise woke the kid? What are they gonna do put you in jail?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:45 AM on Jul. 26, 2010