Would you rather live and believe that there is a God that created the world or die and find out that there really is a God and the Bible was really you guide???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 5:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I believe God created the world and the Bible is our guide.
    jessmom27

Answer by jessmom27 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Really?? Pascals Wager again?? First, which God? If God exists and He is as loving and just as Christians claim, He will not send me to Hell for reasonable doubt in His existence. If He would, then He is not someone I want to spend eternity with anyway.

So what if there is a god, but not the one of the believer?? Doesn't that put them at risk as well?? Reducing eternity to a crapshoot..how inspiring. Believing just in case doesn't get anyone into Heaven. It's easier to just be atheist.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:26 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Well, that's the thing. I believe so strongly that there ISN'T a god, that I'm willing to bet against those odds.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 5:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If I die and there is a god then he is going to have to prove himself worthy of my devotion.  If he is the psychopath that the bible portrays him as, then he isn't going to be able to do that.

Press the down button please, I'm chilling with Lucifer.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:18 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• AAHHH!!! Oh noes! I might go to a theoretical hell for being a generally good person, who doesn't believe in your sociopath deity!!! OH NOES!!!

Seriously, another Pascals Wager question?

You want to know what I stand to lose by worshiping something which can not be seen, heard, smelled, touched, tasted, or otherwise proven to actually exist? Simple!! My Sanity.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:48 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• And if you find out Thor is real and he is furious with you for believing that worshoping him was a sin than what?
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If I die and there is a god after all, I will stand by the decisions I made in life, stand eight in front of him and run down my long list of reasons why I didn't believe.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It's getting to the point where I'm actually embarrassed for the poster when this question is posed. It's so faulty, you'd think they'd see the folly.

Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 11:52 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• This question is getting old. When, oh WHEN will we be free of this damnable "Pascal's Wager"???? First, whether your god exists or not I DON'T WANT HIM, PERIOD!! And second, if you think that he does exist do you really think he is DUMB enough to be fooled by anyone worshipping him because they are scared NOT to?? You either believe or you don't and this idiotic scenario that so many christians keep bringing up won't change it. I might as well be true to myself than spend my life PRETENDING to believe in something I simply can't believe in without PROOF. Why don't you just decide to NOT believe and stop wasting your life going to church and worshipping a non-existent god? Can't? Well, now you know how I feel. You can't be something you aren't.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would hope that IF there IS actually a God...that he will fully understand how some of us just simply can't believe, and that he'd be forgiving and understanding for that, considering that ultimately everything was created by him to begin with and with the free will thing and being all knowing-he KNEW there would be some of us, why not make it easier to believe then if that's all he supposedly wants anyway!?!?!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2010