what are good recipes for kids?

My 3 year old really wants to start helping me out in the kitchen and I was wondering if someone could suggest some age appropriate things for her to do.

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oreo in a cloud
    1 package of oreos
    1 large tub of coolwhip
    1 cup of milk in a bowl

Let her dunk the oreo one at a time in the milk have her lay it in a glass square dish or a round one, when the bottom layer is done with the cookies you then let her spread the cool whip on top reapeat until you get to the top of your dish or bowl. Cover and put in the fridge for about 4 hours. OH you end with the whip topping and you can even crush some of the cookies for the top. It is very rich tasting but does not require baking or cutting. My son has made it since he was 3 and is 13 now. One of his best dishes as he puts it.
    Wittyprncess

Answer by Wittyprncess at 5:46 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Depending on her skill level my 3 year old will help me stir things together, add toppings to dishes, add pre-measured ingredients, shake ingredients, like breading or marinades, and getting ingredients out of the fridge.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 6:22 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• sorbet
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:42 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• while i was visiting my sister my nephews and son helped me make meatloaf. i let them crack eggs and pour ketchup and of course mix them together with their hands!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Rice Krispies!!!!
    Mrs.Koukas2006

Answer by Mrs.Koukas2006 at 9:14 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Banana bread. You can measure the ingredients, and let her add them. My son likes to mush the bananas, too.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:27 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My son likes doing the dishes more that cooking ( I'll take that any day!!! LOl) Maybe see if your DD would like to help with that!
    jamiesmom1

Answer by jamiesmom1 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I let them help as much as they want...within reason. I'll have them help me scoop our flour if I'm making fried chicken. I'll tell my 4 year old I need X scoops of rice and let him scoop and count.

They peel bananas and pull the leaves off of strawberries.

Sometimes, I just let them stir the cake batter.

Their are involved, that's really all that matters to me.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2010