What would you do if you found out your niece was?

I was visiting my sister in Seattle and she told me that my nephew was in the playroom, my younger niece was downstairs helping her dad, and the older niece "Lila" was in her room with her boyfriend. Now, I assumed they were just chatting together, as Lila is a responsible girl and wouldn't do "anything". So I walked in and there they were, kissing and half-naked from the waist-up. When her boyfriend started to take off his belt, I yelled, "Stop!" I admonished them and sent her boyfriend out of the house. I then told her mother and Lila got in BIG trouble.....how would other people handle it?

fairyelise

Asked by fairyelise at 5:53 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Ahhhhh, that's funny! The whole situation not what happened... its hard cuz its your niece vs your own kid. If it was my dd & my sister saw something like this I'd want to know immediately. You handled it the way I would've, as an aunt you have the right to tell your niece if she's doing something wrong. If you wouldn't have walked in you might be having an "I'm gonna be a grandma" conversation w/ your sister in a few months. Obviously she's not the "good" girl everybody thought she was. You should also strongly recommend to your sister that she get your niece on bc asap. Just cuz she got stopped this time doesn't mean she won't try again!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:18 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I think you did the right thing, I would never leave my son/daugther go with they bf/gf to the bedroom, they can chat in the living room.
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 5:59 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would have done the same thing you did. I certainly would hope that my children's aunts would do the same for me.
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 6:09 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would have done the same thing. And like another poster stated, why were they in the bedroom?? My sister and I weren't allowed to take boyfriends to our bedroom. My brother was allowed to take his gf's to his bedroom, but the door needed to be open. I know my niece takes her boyfriend to the family room downstairs to hang out and talk, but the rules are the door must be open and my sister and her husband checks frequently.

You did the right thing. Your niece might be mad at you for awhile, but you did the right thing.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:17 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You did the right thing.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 6:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My boys are 11 and 12 and we already have the rule that no girls are allowed in their rooms.(Most family members are excluded) I want them to also follow that rule when they are visiting at girls homes.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:18 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Personally, if my sister said my niece was in her room with her boyfriend, there is NO WAY I would have just walked in. Its my sisters house and her children, none of my business! I never walked in on my teenage children if the door was closed. Your sister ALLOWED your niece to have her boyfriend in her room, However, teens don't need bedrooms to explore sex. There needs to be open communication and respect when dealing with teens and sex, NOT HUMILATION!
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 6:27 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You did the right thing. Kids have much to much freedom these days. They're growing up to fast.
    augsmom

Answer by augsmom at 6:37 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• How would I have handled this---- I would have knocked on the door.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 6:38 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You did what had to be done.

Answer by older at 7:45 AM on Jul. 26, 2010