Your best friend is getting married in an hours time. You discover their partner has been having an affair and have concrete evidence to prove their guilt. Do you tell your friend and ruin their big day?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:27 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd rather ruin one day of her life than for him to ruin her the rest of her life with continuous affairs.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:33 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'd wanna know before walking down the isle. I'd also want to have a conversation w/ hubby to be about this interesting turn of events before saying I do. I also realize not everybody's as realistic as I am. You know her well, how do you think she'd want you to handle it? Has she been looking forward to this day since she was a little girl? Is she gonna stay w/ him regardless? For some the wedding is the fairy tale they've been dreaming of & haven't really thought about the marriage part. If she wants a nice day then wait till later to say something. If its not gonna change the outcome then why ruin it?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• a very tough job but yes.i'd wanna know
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I think it's better to ruin her day rather to ruin her life with a dishonest man who is cheating on her, he might do it after they r married,, I think she should at least have the chance to make the decision, maybe they can talk and work it out, maybe he regrets it, it depends on her and what kind of relation they have..

good luck, you are in a tough position... but she's your friend, you know her best, try to think of her own good,,, and do whatever your heart tells you,,
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 8:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i WOULD TELL HER. ONLY IF U HAVE SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE AND U SAID THAT U DO SO I WOULD TELL IT. SHE WOULD BE UPSET WITH U IF SHE FOUND OUT AFTER THE MARRIAGE THAT U WERE AWARE OF IT SHE MAY NOT FORGIVE YOU. I WOULD BE A TRUE FRIEND AND GO TO HER WITH THE EVIDENCE.
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 8:38 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• What a terrible position that would be to be in! But yes, I think I'd have to say something and hope she wouldn't hate me for it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yes. I'd want to know. Who in their right mind would want to marry someone who cheats? Ontop of that, I'd be PISSED if my friend knew and didn't tell me before hand.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:07 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would. If the situation were reversed, I would want my friend to tell me. Sure, she will be hurt, but it's still better to find out before she makes the vows to a worthless bum!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If you have definitive proof than as horrible as it would be for the both of you better she know now that suffer how ever many years that they may be together with affairs and lies and whatever else happened so that the affairs could continue. Also, it would be important to know especially if there were already children involved.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• In all reality, you actually don't know what you would do in that instance in time. 1) My Sisters brother in law WAS having an affair while married. The woman showed up at the church when my sister got married. She knew about the affair from my brother in law. A few weeks later, my sister spoke to her brother in law & said you had nerve having your girlfriend at my wedding. They have been at odds ever since. His wife knows about the affair & avoids my Sister because she knows. 2) My DH cousin WAS having an affair before his wedding. He told my DH. We went to dinner with them and the bride said to me "I have a re-occuring dream that so&so is cheating on me". I looked at her & knew right then & there that she knew and was testing me. I shrugged & said nothing. They married a few weeks later. My point here is that I think most women KNOW if their mate is cheating & often choose not to admit it. Tell & you'll end up the bad guy.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:47 AM on Jul. 26, 2010