Do you think it's funny adult content

Do you think it's funny that in a response to a question last night someone posted anon saying, "some of these sahms are lazy bitches. holy buckets"? We were dicussing women doing some traditionally "man jobs" around the house. I just thought it was funny because you have to earn like a billion points to answer anon, which equals many many many hours on your a$$ at the computer! Do you find that funny as well?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 8:46 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My thoughts are, ok so lets say working moms DO work MORE than sahms, SO WHAT? Lmao what a stupid argument. You are putting me down because you work 'harder' or 'more hours' than me?? Haha I don't even give a crap.
    Guess what? I get to spend all day with my daughter. I don't have to miss any of her firsts. I get to do so many fun activities, and cook a great dinner most days of the week. I dont have to come home from working 8 hours and be in a scramble to clean the house.
    I am so thankful that I'm able to make my own schedule and be a sahm. I am so grateful that my husband works full time so I get these privilidges. He doesn't think I'm 'taking advantage' of him, he thinks it's great that our daughter gets so much one on one attention from mommy.
    I LOVE my life and my job as a sahm, and that is probobly more than most working moms can say :)
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:44 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I earned enough points to answer anon and I don't spend hours on end on the computer. Maybe an hour a day.
    But .. I just think people's perception of SAHM's as a whole is pretty scattered. There are SAHM's that are lazy, but generally speaking SAHM's are hard working people. We don't get to clock out, we don't get scheduled breaks, we don't get those things that you can at a full time job. We're day and night mothers and that's not an easy job.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Ironic,isn't it? lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:48 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• it doesn't take a lot to get the anon feature, and with comments like that, they aren't going to keep it.

if you abuse the anon feature they will take it away.and for every down vote they got, it's -3 pts..

there are pro's and con's to being a SAHM
    there are pro's and con's to being a work from home mom
    there are pro's and con's to being a working mom

I don't think any position is better than the next.... I've been in all three positions.

currently I'm a work from home mom..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:21 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• By the way do you think they logged any of those hours on the computer at work??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:45 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• DessC, it wasn't the sahm going postal... it was a working mom. You really like to stereotype don't you?
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 8:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Wow.....I'm a SAHM and I take no offense to someone that hides to make a smart ass comment. There are basically two times a day that I'm on the computer, the first is now, when my kids are eating breakfast, the second is after they're in bed and everything is done for the day. I do not sit around all day doing nothing nor do I look "down" on working moms. There are times when I envy working moms.

I can promise you I will not "go postal" when I'm challenged on something, if anything I would be happy about it because I would finally get some much needed adult conversation! To stereotype all SAHM's together is complete bullshit, we're not all the same, I don't think I'm better than a working mom nor do I put out a "vibe" that I am. I do however get a little pissed off when someone lumps us all together.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I am a SAHM and much too busy to be offended by a comment from anyone who is afraid to use their screen name to back it up. They just aren't worth my time and obviously ignorant and jealous. I wish I could get back in the work force, but circumstances just do not favor it right now. Yes I do think it's funny that they have logged in sooo much time at the computer they earned the right to be rude from behind a question mark.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:44 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Wow! I was under the impression that this site was a place for us all to come together and support each other as we travel through this motherhood journey together.
    Everyone chooses what's best for their family. Who are we to judge? There's some really negative karma out there, I'm going to choose not to get involved. =)
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i think its funny that someone would come on here and say that to others...although, i do know 1 or 2 sahms that do nothing at all.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 26, 2010