how can I do this? i want to but errrr......

how can I motivate myself to start exercising regularly? I try, and for the first few days I great at it, but then by the 6 or 7th day I just stop and then never really start again. I really want to tone my baby belly (lol) but I just can't stay motivated. what do ya'll do to stay motivated or any suggestions?

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You have to committ yourself to doing it and making it a lifestyle change. Make it a regular part of your just as you do with showering, getting dressed, brushing your teeth. It becomes something that you must do and do it and get it over and done with it and move on. Don't look at it like a chore. You can do it, have faith! GL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I hear ya!!! One of the things that helps me is that my Dr. asked me to get more active so I try to think of it as a prescription from her. Now, the operative word is "try". I find it very hard to stay motivated too. Good luck to you!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Find a work-out buddy...Someone who will hold you accountable if you don't do what you're supposed to do :) Worked for me! GL
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:37 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Try doing an easy workout and doing it every single day. It does have to be just one of the things on your daily schedule. Once the easy workout is just part of your routine and your body craves the movement, you can ramp it up a little at a time.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:39 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Sounds like you're doing too much. You're body needs a rest period. Every other day, or two days on one off. Especially when you're first starting out. As your body adjusts you can add more days.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:41 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I am running Iron man August 2011 maybe you just need to set a goal and go for it this is helping me to do it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I need help too, but where do you find the time??
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 10:15 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• you have to make it priority.

and remember, you can't spot reduce.
    you need to make dietary changes to reduce body fat.

start with working out every other day. or like a mon, wed, fri schedule.

mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 3:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Make it FUN! Turn it into your hobby!! My thing is running- I love to run. But I do different things to keep it fun. I love intervals and do them at least twice a week. I seek out different parks and trails. I also like to cycle and do that for X training. Through in a yoga class and I am all set. Sometimes if I get really bored I will take a group exercise class. I force myself to do weights twice a week for 20 mins- I don't like weights so I make sure that I always have my ipod and blare it just to make the time go by faster.

Find some support- my husband is a runner too- and that is nice. Even if we don't always run together we still talk about how our runs went, the latest gear, how the humidity kills, etc. (although we do run together every now and then and I love it cause I make him push the jog stroller- LOL).

Just don't give up- if you bail on yourself one day don't let that derail your whole week.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 4:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Put pictures up of a dress or cloths you want to fit in. A pic of a model in a bikini, whatever motivates you to want to be that size is really good on the fridge, on your mirror and anywhere in your house you keep junk food and un neccessary calories. Seeing the pic of what you want to look like will keep you from not being motivated. Get out and wlak everyday. Watching TV? pick up a couple of large can goods and do arm curls. Goodle Isometric sit up's and learn how to do them so when your watching TV you can do them. It takes an average of 14 days doing something new to make it a habbit with yourself. YOU have to keep the self motivation up for a few weeks before your brain catches up and you excercise out of habbit
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2010