Adding a third Child........

My husband and I have started TTCing for a third child... we have Olivia who is 3 and a half and Emma who is 21 months. They are both fairly easy kids... easily entertained... play greatly together, etc. I am a stay at home mom, i occasionally babysit, but other then that im a little Susie home maker lol. I guess my question is... If you are a mother or 3 or more kids.. how did you like it.. pro's and cons... any advice? i want to hear your stories :) thanks guys!

Mrs.Koukas2006

Asked by Mrs.Koukas2006 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have 4 children. I've never had just one child (started with twins). I love my "large" family. We rarely have arguments - but that's the dynamics of my children (13,15,20, & 20).
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:31 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'd worry about 2 ganging up on the 3rd child when they get older. Especially if the next one is a boy.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• we just had our 5th child. ours are 6, 5, 2, 2 and 2 months. It can be chaotic and crazy at times...but they are just moments that pass. since the twins were born we really REALLY have a greater appreciation for peace and quiet! Right now, for me it is stressful taking the clan out in public. my 2 year old boy is adventurous to say the least! Before the twins were two and needed their freedom I would take the four out daily and get tons of compliments on how well behaved my kids are. Now I only take them all out if it is necessary, or if i am feeling extra courageous! We took the kids downtown yesterday and my son put his socked and shoed feet into the fountain! he did not mind at all that he had wet feet for another 2 hours!!! i wanted to walk the kids to the library, well let the big boys ride their bikes, and push two in the stroller and carry one in the baby bjorn, but my 5 year old lost his bike. How does that happen?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Anyhow, it really is a pleasure and a joy to have a large family!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I have 3 kids, 2 boys & a girl, from the oldest to youngest they are 3 years and 19 days apart. I can honestly tell you that the transition from 1 to 2 was harder than 2 to 3. I love having 3 kids even though my boys fight a lot (they're 13 months apart). Now that they're older the biggest problems we have (with having 3 kids) is figuring out who doesn't get to sit with anyone on a ride at the amusement park.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:46 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We are about to have our third child in Dec. I am a little nervous as well. My parent had 3 girls, and I remember fighting with them and arguing a lot, but now we are very close. I have 2 boys and now we have a little girl coming!
    sunnyflower417

Answer by sunnyflower417 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I have 3. It's not a big change. The big change is when you go from 1 to 2. After you have 2 I think it wouldn't matter how many more you had. It gets hectic sometimes, but normally they get along well and behave. They are 6, 4, and 1.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Good day mrs koukas, having a third child is not a problem, as long as your family is well balanced, the children are not conplaining.

thanks.
    PLUSHGAL

Answer by PLUSHGAL at 9:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We have 3 -- 2 boys and a girl. There is 2-1/2 years between each so they are 8, 5-1/2 and 3. I thought going from 2 to 3 was a big change. To use a sports analogy, my hubbie and I had to move from a man-on-man defensive strategy to zone defense. Our kids can be very well behaved and they can be total monsters. But, I will tell you that I love them all and I wouldn't change anything. I think it will get better as they get older. I like to say that the kids aren't welcome where the came from -- lol, my tummy that is!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I currently have 3 kids age 4, 2, and 9 months. My next baby is due in october and well its crazy at times and can be very stressful but i wouldnt change it for the world. I think the hardest part is prolly getting ur scedule set up in the beginning. But after u get that all worked in its not so bad. For me my oldest doesnt nap anymore so i lay both the younger kids down around noon so that my oldest can have some mom time. My son always gets up first in the mornings so he get he cartoon time with mom and when naps are over all the kids know that its my little ones mommy play time. Inbetween there play time i get cleaning and things done until around 7. Then we do baths during each bath my husband gets his time with the kids because he works thru the days. By 9 all my babies are in bed and then i get time with my huby before its time for shower and bed. Gettin ur kids on a schedule will really be a great help.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 26, 2010