What do you do when your kids get birthday money?

My daughter got money for her birthday and when I take her to the store to buy something her brother and sister are going to be begging to get a toy also.

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 9:46 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If it's cash, it goes in the piggy bank. If it's a check, it goes into the bank. Usually, they don't even want to spend the cash. They like keeping it, just in case something awesome comes out and I say no. They can then use their own money.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:47 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• When they were little, the money went right into their college accounts. When they were old enough to understand about money, they were able to shop for and buy whatever the money would cover, although we did have them put some aside to save.

Answer by Bmat at 9:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Take the child out by herself to shop. Siblings stay with dad, grandma, or babysitter. My children like saving it for the next big ticket item they might want. It really depends on the child.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• get her something that she needs liike shoes, whatever, and not a toy for her to pick out and make her siblings upset, she probably already recieved a truck load of toys from her party. That's what I do anyway.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Day at the spa!
    just kidding.
    Piggy bank. But she is only 17 months so...
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:50 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i take it..payback for entertaining all of his guest
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• jk..i make him save all his money till he gets around 50 bucks then i take him to toys r us and let him pick out toys =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I give it to them because when I was a kid my mom kept everything she could it was greed. LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i really don't get it with some people. My ex's ex wife was the same way with their kids..she would get upset that we wouldnt buy for both kids on one of their bdays!!! I'm like "its not their bday!" Why should you buy a gift for a spoiled brat when its not their bday...let the kid whose bday it is have their freaking day!!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I put it in the bank. Sure, we could to the store and buy a toy that she'll barely play with or it can be put in the bank account in her name...I'm am custodial on the account and then it can be there when she's older. She has enough toys and doesn't miss the money.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2010