If you go on vacation how much do you spend usually?

Where do you go? I've never been on a real vacation and I'm trying to plan now for next summer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We almost always do road trips. This summer we're doing a road trip with a cruise in the middle. ;-) Here's a link to my blog entry with TONS of ideas for road tripping with children: http://lifeasadrum.blogspot.com/2010/03/road-tripping-with-children.html.

There are lots of things you can do to take a vacation without having to go too far. Camping (as opposed to staying in a hotel or resort) saves money, renting a cabin with a kitchen so you can cook instead of eating out is a good idea, too. Also, do some research and find out which days are free entry at the attractions in the area where you're staying.

Send me a message if you want more ideas. I'm running out of room here. ;-)
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 9:55 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• $200-$600 depends on where we go or how long we stay. We usually stay less than a week but next year DH will be getting a 2 week vacation so that will cost more.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 10:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i wouldn't even know how much to spend on a vacation cause i have never been on a VACATION.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I went on vacations every year as a child and teenager.. But now that I have kids.. I'm waiting till they are a little older to remember them.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It varies. One thing I do is to estimate on how much I’ll spend on eating out. That can be an expense because once you out of your home it’s just spend, spend, spend. Just make an average on the # in your family. Also depending on where you’ll go; the activities involved and number of days out of your home. Hotel stays; eating out; gas if you are driving; or car rental if flying; souvenir purchases is always on option. Oh, take into account on new clothes you’ll purchase for this activity.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2010