Flu Shot for Toddlers

Anyone getting a flu shot for their child(ren) this year? I have gotten one each year for my daughter (she's 2) and she's never been sick (knock on wood) but I wonder if she even needs the shot at all.

1funkymomma

Asked by 1funkymomma at 6:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I got one for my daughter the last time she had her shots. I'm planning on it again cause my nephews come around sick and I really don't need her to be sick.
    hailee2006

Answer by hailee2006 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Everyone here gets them. The last thing I want is to be sick while trying to care for a toddler... even worse if she's sick too! If you don't want to get the shot, ask your doctor about the nasal spray version.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• My 2 year old and 9 month old just got theirs 2 weeks ago. This was Connor's 3rd year getting it and Chloe's first. Everyone in the house gets them as well. We were offered the nasal spray for Connor, but because of his asthma he couldn't get it. The kids didn't show any effects from it.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• My daughter had the shot last year but got the flu anyway. I DO plan on her having the shot again this year. I would blame myself if she got the flu w/o the shot. Last year, however, before the shot, i did lots of research and even called the CDC (Center for Disease Control) for more information. I recommend calling the CDC with your questions/concerns.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 11:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• nope,the flu shot every year is from last year's strain of the flu. How does that make sense? Sorry, I just do the research.........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Never it has to much mercury and other harmful things everyone says its better to get it but when there kids have issues from having it later down the road why posin them more my daughter has so many health issues and the doctors think this helped make it worse So if i would of none never i would of never gotten it done not at that age why put that kind of posin fighting off the flu helps them just be safe http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My kids have never gotten the flu shot. And they have never gotten the flu. I just think it is unnecessary.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• No one here gets the flu shot and the boys have asthma. There is no point. It only protects you against 3 or 4 of the hundreds of strains of the flu.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have never gotten my kids the flu shots and I never will, I think it's a usless shot and I have known a lot of people who get the shot and get the flu anyways so whats the point.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My children do not get the flu shot. Also stay away from flumist. That's a live virus vaccine.. it sheds for up to 20 something days. Go here to find out more information about it! www.nvic.org
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2008