would u do this

i am in the middle of a divorce. it is almost 2 years now. my ex is fighting for custody of our three children. he doesn't want to pay child support i think is the only reason. he has 5 other grown children that he has never seen. what is so special bout mine? i have been thinking bout how i can get this over and done with. i am tired of the game that he is playing. i just want the kids and thought bout proposing a deal to my lawyer to tell him. the deal is that i will forfeit child support and everything else for 12,000 and he pays the legal fees and i get sole custody of the kids. i am wanting to move on with my life and i can not at this moment cause of this. i have an oppurtunity to move out of state and make more money than i am here. here i am barely making enough to pay any bills. any advice would be appreciative. thank u.

sammy3

Asked by sammy3 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• no, i think you would get custody. i would try and make him pay.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If you want him out because he is a terrible father, try a deal. I'll be in the minority and say I don't think a father should be around jsut to be a paycheck or see the kids whenever he feels like playing daddy. I have yet to see one good example of keeping a worthless parent around just because they share DNA. It sounds like he is playing games just to have some amount of control over you. You have to do what's best for your children. Good luck.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• No i would not do that. sorry.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• No, not a good idea.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:15 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• In my opinion, if he is doing all of this it is a mind controlling game...he feels out of control of this situation and by doing these things it gives him some control over u...whats best i think is always to take care of ur children and do whats in their best interest; afterall thats what a mom does right. so give him the deal, maybe im biased right now cuz im going thru a similar situation and wish i could do the same! Move on..move up...keep ur head held high and take care of u and urs...good luck!
    Krazimamma

Answer by Krazimamma at 10:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• He wants the kids because he wants to hurt you. It's a strategy on his part - he thinks that he can scare you. The deal? It's a bad idea and probably wouldn't work anyway. They're his children and he is (and rightfully so) responsible for providing for them.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You would get custody on the soul basis that he has five grown children he has nothing to do with. I agree that he wants the kids to hurt you, he doesn't want them to be their father. Otherwise he'd have those five other children in his life. I think you should talk with your lawyer and make any deal that will get you custody and allow you to move on. Do everything you can to keep those children.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:29 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Why not see a mediator and work something out? Kids need their dad as well as mom. Try to find a compromise.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• update::

We have a guardian ad litem ordered to determine what is the best for the kids.
    sammy3

Comment by sammy3 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010