Need a GOOD Salisbury Steak recipe!

I have tried several recipes that I have found online and none of them have been that great. I've tried it with both hamburger meat and cube steaks. Seems like every time I make it tastes EXACTLY like meat loaf, or just a hamburger with gravy on top minus the bun. I just want some awesome salisbury steak!! It's disappointing when I go through all the time to make it and it tastes like meatloaf, which could have been made in half the time lol. If you have a good recipe please please share!

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Ground beef with crunched up ritz, palmful of sage, and finely diced onions. Form into patties, fry.
    2 tbsp butter into the same pan (clean the fat out). Sautee some mushrooms and onions.Add 2 tbsp flour to make a roux. Let it bubble for a few, til it starts to get a little brown. Add half a cup of cream and a cup of water and let simmer for a while, til it thickens up. Add three or four beef boullion cubes and a bit more sage. At this point add three peppers (cayenne, black and white.) Return the patties to the pan and simmer for about ten minutes.
    I wouldn't add any extra salt until you are finished, because the boullion is super salty, but add pepper while you are mixing the meat.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:11 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Banquet makes the best, but I don't know how to make it from scratch. Jenny's recipe sounds really good. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:25 AM on Jul. 26, 2010