anyone have leaks with huggies?

I have been using pampers. Recently, my husband and I got a membership to cosco. They don't have pampers so I bought huggies. It was also time for my son to move up in size of diapers. He has been getting leaks at night. I'm trying to figure out if these diapers are too big, or if huggies tend to leak. Thanks!

GingerMom33

Asked by GingerMom33 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I find they leak....if you go to Costco try thier brand (Kirkland). My MIL got us a package and they seem pretty good. they are designed like huggies, but I have not had many leaks. Plus, they are cheaper!!!!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We had one pack when he was newborn and they did leak. So we used Pampers. Then Target brand now Parent's Choice.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:08 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i have used huggies a couple of times but other then that i use pampers all the time.... huggies i find do leak alot.... i use the pampers baby dry and they never leak
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Could be both. Huggies did tend to leak with my kids. Also it seemed I needed a size bigger than what my kids actually were. Not sure how old your child is, but with boys, it also helps to make sure their penis is pointed down into the diaper.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:09 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We used Huggies for my DD for the first year of her life and never had a complaint. Until we had to buy Pampers because they didn't have Huggies during a visit to Sam's (like Cosco). Since we've been using Pampers, I've noticed a decrease in her diaper rashes, and, even though I couldn't say that Huggies leaked constantly (that may be a size issue), they did leak only a few times at night. I have yet to have that problem with Pampers.

Huggies size 4 is a lot bigger than Pampers size 4 IMO, so that may be why you're experiencing leaks. GL!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 10:43 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• In my experience I have found that huggies leak a lot. I have always stuck with pampers and never had any real problems. I tend to find if diapers do start to leak though and I switch to a bigger size that could sometimes be the problem. GL I have always been a pampers mommy though.
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 12:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I only use Huggies because they are the only brand that sends me coupons in the mail. The only time I had them leak was the newborn size, there is a belly button notch cut out and when my son laid on his belly they leaked. He is in size 3 right now and Never had B.M. leak but once in awhile If the leg flaps arent folded out it leaks pee. Only had that happen 2 or 3 times. Never had diaper rash either
    Everyone has their opinion on diapers, you just have to try and see what works well for you!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2010