Is smoking and drinking moderately(1-2 times a week) affect husband and wife fertility while trying to conceive?

indomie

Asked by indomie at 10:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, any smoking and drinking negatively affects trying to concieve. Also a poor diet, being overweight, and your age can affect it negatively.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 10:25 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Well,its not exactly helping. Anything foreign you take into your body can mess it up.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My DH and I smoked and occasionally drank and we had three children very easily . Our children were healthy. They are healthy adults. I would not recommend smoking or dinking and I would say that use of POT would be a form of child abuse....but, to answer your question....a few drinks and light smoking had no effect on fertility for us. That was in the 1960's.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Ok, because many people said that we have to stop smoking and drinking at all if trying to conceive, we have been trying for 6 months now and no luck yet....just wondering maybe because of smoking and drinking make it hard for us to conceive.
    indomie

Comment by indomie (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My husband smoked pot when he was with his ex wife and for 2 years they didn't conceive. He no longer smokes and we have never had a problem. NTM, starting to stop smoking now is good practice for when your pregnant.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:51 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Smoking and drinking for either one of you is bad for fertility. Along with him wearing briefs, and drinking mountain dew, along with a whole other list of things not to do while ttc.
    starlette17

Answer by starlette17 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 27, 2010