for those TTC for close age babies

My husband and I start TTC on Aug 18th. On August 18th our son will be almost 11 months old. So even if bam we concieved right away our children would be around 20-21 months apart. And that is a big IF it happens right away. A few ppl know and we are already starting to get flack about how close that is and how we should enjoy the baby we have. How do you or did you handle this?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, I was ready to TTC when DD was that old, but DH wasn't. I'm still waiting for him to be ready! (prolly sometime next spring.. ugh). But yeah, if I was in that boat, I'd prolly tell them to mind their own business. About two months ago my DD started to get bored playing at home and really interested in other children. She was about 13 months old. I can only imagine how much more interested she'll be in a few months. I'm actually going back to work so that she can have play time at daycare with other kids (I live too far away from people to have play dates and take her to the park everyday).
    If you guys want them close together, I'm sure it will be fun :)
    We only plan on having two and DH just isn't ready yet... so I guess I'll have to wait til he is :(
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 10:32 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• UGH! Tell them to mind their own business. My middle three were born 2/04 1/05 12/05 and they are awesome together most of the time. When my littlest was 13 months old (now 17m) my husband posted on facebook "Val went potty in the potty chair, time to start preparing for the next baby" and he go so much crap about enjoying our baby, love the kids we have blah blah!! If your ready and hubby is ready go for it!!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:48 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Well I want all of mine close together my DS1 is 17 mos and my DS2 is 5 mos old. We want two more and we want them soon... So, I would say go for it..
    .sarahbelle.

Answer by .sarahbelle. at 2:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010