What's more expensive?

What's more expensive..having babies closer together when you kept all of your major baby items but will have to pay 2 daycares and diapers etc...or having children farther apart and starting over...Just curious..what ppl think.

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Assuming you will continue to work whether you have one or two children in daycare and assuming your children will be spaced far enough apart to use the same gear, it is cheaper in the long-run to do it all at once. In terms of buying baby gear it's more expensive to start over and buy new stuff, and you might also get a discount on daycare for having two in it at the same time. However, if having them closer together means you won't be working, then it might cost you a lot more in the long-run to have them close.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:45 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Depends, sometimes you can find a daycare with a multi child discount. I give one to help families out. I had two kids 3.5 years apart. I was much better for college. One was done and the next one was starting. I liked the age difference. I was still able to keep my baby items and use them, including the same daycare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• probably about the same. we have an 8 year old, 3 year old, and 9 month old. i stay home with the kids, but we do have a babysitter. the diapers get expensive, but we didn't need to buy a crib, playpen, highchair, etc. so that saved a ton. also, its easier with the two who are closer in age. the older one is constantly fighting the younger one and jealous of them.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• close together. 2 in diapers

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'd say having them farther apart would be more expensive. But I don't have anything to base that on.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Diapers and baby food are very expensive. And if you end up formula feeding that's even more money. You might want to see if you can afford the added cost in your budget. You can always save your baby gear in your basement, attic or spare room until you would need it again.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If you breast feed, cloth diaper, and make your own baby food it's cheaper to have them close together. At the moment I BF and I will make my own babyfood which will save me at least a couple hundred dollars over the first year. I couldn't bring myself to do the cloth diapering.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2010