Ways or myths to TTC a girl without tracking ovulation

I don't ovulate...I am breastfeeding and havent had a period for 10 months...any ways or myths to ttc a girl without charting ovulation?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• well, yes you do ovulate. If you didn't ovulate, then you wouldn't be able to get pregnant at all. If you're not having your period, there may be a much harder chance of you getting pregnant. The only way you can try for a girl is if you know when you are ovulating, sorry but that is the only way, let me explain.

Male sperm swim fast, but don't live very long. Female sperm swim slow, but can live up to one week. So, if you want a boy, it's better to conceive right when you are ovulating so that the male sperm will swim faster than the female sperm & impregnate the egg. If you want a girl, you're more likely to get one if you conceive a few days to a week before you ovulate. Those smart female sperm will wait in your uterus until the egg drops, while all the male sperm would have died off already.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:38 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• sweetie, if you don't ovulate, you won't conceive. Doesn't matter what myths you try.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I had sex every day for a month, and then I had my DD. I've heard it's easier to have a girl if you're having frequent sex. Next time I'm actually going to track ovulation to see if I can get a boy :P
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 10:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• you can get help with figuring out your ovulation cycle. I'm pretty sure they have something at the drug store that can track your ovulation. Or, just go to the gyno.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:40 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You can also concieve after ovulation, too. That's what happened with me and it was a girl.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Supposedly if you eat more calcium and less iron and sodium, it will be a better environment for girl sperm and more hostile to boy sperm. I wouldn't bet on it, but it couldn't hurt.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• well duh! Perhaps that was phrasing wrong! I do ovulate I am sure....I just don't have periods.....I had my son without having periods because I had a mirena IUD in for so long...man i feel silly for phrasing it wrong!
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• hmmm more sex....yes my SO would like that....
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Jul. 26, 2010