chewing on crib

my mil bought the most expensive crib even though I asked her not too. My son is chewing it up and she is angry...is there anyway to stop this behavior or appease her?
I mean its normal infant stuff....that's why they dont need the super expensive stuff!

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My youngest did this on her expensive wooden crib and now it is the footboard for her bed and everytime I see those little chew marks, it brings great joy to my heart:) Tell your mil to chill out, nothing you can do about it and one day those chew marks will bring a smile to her face.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:43 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• there are plastic removable crib rails made just for chewing. my son used them on his crib until he figured out how to take them off and throw them. lol
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My DD did this too, and I talked to this other mom and her child chewed up the crib too... Guess you could buy some sort of protector to put over it... but really, they are teething... she shouldn't be so upset... she had kids at one point.. she should know how it is.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 10:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Don't know how to stop it...my son had a huge ridge carved into his from his teeth. I just eventually let him go. It was on the end where no plastic add on would fit.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Does it have plastic on the rails? If it's wood, I don't know what to tell you. Tell your MIL that she's engraving her signature on it, and you are passing the crib down, not returning it for a refund. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• LOL thanks...its a funny shaped crib so protectors don't fit it....
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Most babies do this, she shouldn't have gone all out and bought such an expensive one, tell her to get over it, and disregard her anger!

Answer by older at 10:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I say to get that stuff that is for stopping thumb sucking. Put it on the crib it taste nasty. Or try something else that has a nasty taste that will not hurt him. The thing to do is make it taste bad then will not want to chew on it any more.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I saw once someone tie wash cloths around the outside edges that way when they chewed on it they would be chewing the was cloths. Never tried it but it sounds good. LOL
    blroberts4

Answer by blroberts4 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would tell her he's a baby, get over it. If she really doesn't like it, she can go out and buy those rail protectors herself.
    mama3ks97

Answer by mama3ks97 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010