My 3 year old has stomach inflammtion (showed by x-ray) belly pain but no diarrhea, no vomiting, nothing else except belly pain and cramps.

hi. my almost 3 year old son has since almost a week strong belly pain in flares and cramps so he pulls his legs up.mostly in the night which keeps him awake at least 30 mins and us too. during the day too. my 5 year old started one week before him with strong belly pains and vomiting but nothing else. but we didnt do any tests with him. we went to E.R. with my little one, they did x-rays and showed that his stomach is inflamed and they called it gastroenteritis ileus. is is possible to have that with only belly pain? we will go to our pediatr.today for a follow up but i am very concerned. wondering, is is possible to have that Dx without vomiting, diarrhea or anything else? any help? would be so happy to hear other oppinions. Mandy

I-have-2-Boys

Asked by I-have-2-Boys at 10:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• possible peptic ulcer forming. I had one at 4

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• thanks for your fast answer. i googled it and it showed under symptoms b.e. hiccups which my sons also had more than before. he got IV fluids yesterday went better after that, but pain back at night. hope it gets better now. it is just a week now, should we wait more to see, or go to an gastro specialist right away?
    I-have-2-Boys

Comment by I-have-2-Boys (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'd see the gasto. They can perforate and cause bleeding. It hurts REALLY bad! they'll do an endoscopy(he'll be out) and take a sample to check for h.pylori bacteria. If present,its treated with antibiotics. he's going to need a change of diet to stay away from trigger foods.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yes stay away from anything acidic or anything that causes gas like Cucumbers,broccoli, beans
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• could it be that my son has an ulcer or just being sensitive to acids? my husband had some sensitivity when he was 16 or so with severe belly pain. my grandmother and her dad had stomach ulcers etc. but where could my son get it from? he is not even 3 years old. he has food allergies (like to rice, lactose int., egg whites) and other kinds of allergies but never had anything like that. since he got the IV fluid yesterday in the E.R. he is better. what to do now? what to look for? just let the doc tell us he has gastroenteritis ileus which would be stomach flu, right? the E.R. doc didnt know about his hiccupps he had when he had his pains and even before he had his pains.
    I-have-2-Boys

Comment by I-have-2-Boys (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010