For those of you who keep it "clean" down there...

Do you shave or wax? I've found shaving just leaves me all prickly & razor burned...does that go away after awhile or is there a trick to it that I'm not picking up on? If you wax, do you do it yourself or professionally? If it's DIY, what product do you use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• I've wondered this myself. Personally, I just want to save up and have it removed permanently with lasers. I think that costs around $1000, which isn't too bad.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• OMG the laser thing sounds so like my thing, I think I wanna do that to cause waxing hurts like a bitch and shaving is a pain in the ass.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 6:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• lol...before I clicked on this I thought you meant clean...as in wash your crotch...lol!!! I laughed when I read the whole thing because I was a little off!!! Anyways...I shave mine bald and I would really love to get it lasered off too....no more razor burn. I have thought of wax but I don't wanna grow my bush just to rip it out...sounds painful..so until I get rich...I am shavin
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Shaving is such a pain in the ass. I have a lot of friends that do it all the time. Hell, I only shave up to my knees maybe 2 times a week! I'm definitely going to get the laser. It takes like 3 sessions of $300, and I'd think it would be sooooo worth it!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• seriously lasered off would be awesome! i am so sick of shaving everyday. waist of half hour of my day. really.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 6:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If you don't shave against the direction of the growth you won't get ingrown hairs and bumps. You won't be bald, but it will be better than natural or painful, the two alternatives!
    VAMommyX4

Answer by VAMommyX4 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• For me, it was only prickly at first and then smooth afterward...as long as I shaved every day... It is a pain, but is worth it to me. I couldn't see waxing and I couldn't see spending that much money on laser, tho it'd be cool.

Now...what does suck is that since i"ve been pregnant, my hair grows like crazy and even if I shave every day, I'm still stubbly. I have to shave my entire body twice daily to be nice and smooth! GRRR! Can't wait for THAT to be over!
    FrunchyMama

Answer by FrunchyMama at 7:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I shave it all and then use benzokal lotion to help with bumps and ingrowns.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I had someone tell me to use hair conditioner on the hair first to soften it up then like the poster above said, shave in the direction of the hair growth.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I'd love to have it lasered off too, but alas, I don't have $1000 laying around, so in the meantime, I shave (have been for 10 years now) and over the years I've learned a few things.. shave with the grain, and if you must shave against (for those nights you want to be silky smooth) just make sure you aren't doing it all the time. Use hair conditioner as shaving cream, it will soften the hair and make it easier to shave... Also, when you're done, use a little underarm deodorant (non-aerosol) and put in on the pubic area (nothing lower, ok?) to help eliminate razor burn and itchies. Works like a charm, I'm serious... never get razor burn under your armpits, right? :) Hope I was helpful! :P
    Stephie77

Answer by Stephie77 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2008