My baby starts a new daycare tomorrow.....wahh....

So I recently took him from a center because he would cry and beg me not to take him to school he gets hurt at school, please mommy don't make me go... well, that was after he'd been there since he was 15 months old... now I have him enrolled in an in-home daycare.. he's a very sensitive personality. only 2-1/2 but I think I am freaking out about leaving him more than he will freak out tomorrow.... how do I make it go smoother.. I have to go there early to give her the paperwork and get his extra clothes diapers etc. ready but I am so sick already thinking how it will go.. ugh.. they used to have to pry him off me at his center.. my husband things we should have stuck it out - tough love style at the center but he hated it SO much and would cry every morning for 1-1/2... that's not normal right?? ugh.. sorry, this is not really a question.. I just need support I guess..

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Really talk it up today and try to seem really confident tomorrow- he can tell how you feel and he'll feed off of it. Day care should be an experience that he enjoys. The change may be tough at first but be positive and stick with it!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Try not to worry so much. Your son will be able to sense your anxiety and it will make it worse. Ask the daycare provider to get him involved with something as soon as he arrives. This will help with the transition from home to daycare. Good Luck!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I am sorry. You should try your hardest to be calm and pleasant about the situation. Don't overdo the happiness and excitement, or he'll know you are forcing it. Just be firm and calm and seem pleased about it. Some worry about the new situation is normal both for your child and for you. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 11:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would have done the same, talk to him and tell him this place is different, tell him some of the activities there and be excited as you do, explain to him that you will always come back to get him and it is only for a little while. All kids do the crying at first, it is normal, but I think if he does cry again and the cycle starts again, you are just going to have to deal with it until he gets use to it.

Answer by older at 11:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2010