Single Women?

Would you date a man with a kid or one without why?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Being as though I am on the flip side of this, I would be open minded about it. I would hate for someone to close of any idea of a relationship with me solely b/c I am a single mom. There would be things I would want to know about the person, how he was as a dad would be a big thing. I kind of like the idea of seeing someone that had a kid, b/c they would understand the issues that come along with the other parent being involved and all that:)
    kimbob2284

Answer by kimbob2284 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would rather have one without baggage, but if the right one comes along with a kid I can make an exception.

Answer by older at 11:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If I were single,I'd prefer one without. Depending on age,I'd have to think about how committed he is to relationships if he's single and already has kids.I'm seeing alot of 20 somethings that are already divorced and thats not cool in my book.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• absolutely, with a kid or two. I was with a guy for years who had two girls older than my son, and I thought it was great. A little more complicated, but a lot more to talk about!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It wouldn't matter---I would consider what kind of guy he is, what his personality and values are like. Kids would just be a bonus. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Either

I am not dating, I still love my man, and pray we work things out. I am sure we will.

We love each other tremendously..... It is just rough... So as I say it is complicated.
    If I was dating it would not matter either way would be fine.... A man with a child if he is taking care of the child the way a dad should, if he is a dead beat he would have to go.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I have a couple times. First one I think was still playing house on occasion with baby mama... second one I can think of got married because of the kid. He was a great dad but totally jaded about relationships, so that didn't work out. I do have alot of male friends who deal with alot of crap from the baby mamas... women friends too of course, but when the baby mamas have custody, there just seems to be so much drama involved. Except I just now remembered one other guy I dated super briefly with a kid - no drama at all. And then the one who was really heartbroken not to be with his son (who turned out not to be his son) all the time and we broke up so they could try to work it out. (I'm old... this was over a period of many years lol).
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I've had my time with kids. I don't want to deal with more.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i did... we have be together for over 3 years. one of the things that attrated me to him was he was such a great dad. you just have to be sure you can live with the kids and not treat them differntly than yours.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 5:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• As hypocrital as it is, I would not want to date a guy with kids. I just wouldn't want to deal with the baby mamma crap. I think it would be rare to find someone with a cool ex who's fine with some other woman helping to raise her child.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2010