Regarding email forwards, I have another question.

Why is it that Conservatives seem to be the group most represented in the faulty-logic, negative, ire-raising and hate-mongering emails? It seems that whomever is President, it is the Conservatives that send out these negative and untruthful emails. I rarely see any put out by Liberals--except a really funny one during the last debates that depicted Sarah Palins

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 11:16 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• if you want to send me your email address, I'll be glad to start forwarding you the ones I get.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Because Anne Coulture's got nothing but time on her hands ..since she's up all night, hanging upside down in her lair

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:22 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Sweet-a-kins, you made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that!
    jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Really? My brother-in-law is a strict Conservative and the only political e-mails I ever see are anti-Liberal. I haven't seen an anti-Conservative e-mails since Bush was in office.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• HotMama, that is why I asked this question. I'd get these anti-Liberal emails from my dad and my brothers until I laid down the law to them. I still get a few, though, and I send a "Snopes" reply to show them how erroneous those emails are. It doesn't stop them, though, from forwarding them to other friends and family. Facts don't seem to matter.

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Jimmie Walker and Ann Coulter at event of The 5th Annual TV Land Awards 

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:33 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• jsbenkert , I know what you are talking about. I get a few "anti-Liberal and " pro-radical right" e-mails with a bunch of lies and misquotes that are always proven to be false just by Googling or by doing research at Snopes. It makes me mad and I delete them. My daughter gets the same kind of garbage from a few of her in-laws and she has told them to stop sending them. It s so rude and unfair to spread lies . But so many gullible people will believe them ....sheep.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Both sides send those e-mails. Prior to GWB getting elected, my liberal SIL swore that if Bush got elected, he would immediately revoke Roe VS Wade. I tried to point out he wouldn't have the power to do so, but she was convinced by those e-mails, which she passed on to me. Lots of lies have been spread about Bush, McCain, Palin, as well as Obama and Hilary Clinton.

I've seen nasty, false e-mails on both sides. Don't kid yourself that only one group does it.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Mancosmomma, I have no doubt that both sides are guilty of forwarding mass emails that lie about the other side. What I'm saying is that I've seen very few from the "Liberal Camp". In spite of the fact that I have many Liberal friends with whom I correspond via email, I have received so many more pro-Conservative, anti-Liberal pack-of-lies mass emails. I'm just wondering why there seem to be so many more coming from the Conservative side. There is a disparity.  That's not to say that I want to see Liberals spreading lies, I'm just wondering why I see so much more of it from the Conservatives.  Check the journals on CM.  So many of the "cut and paste" jobs are from Conservatives "sharing" email forwards that, if checked for validity, come very short of sharing anything that resembles the truth.

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• since she's up all night, hanging upside down in her lair
    ________________
    lmao
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2010