is it a miscarriage or is there hope???

ok so doctors like only the facts but i don't understand all the facts...please help me understand...i found out last wk that i am pregnant...i am 39 and this is the first time being pregnant but i have always wanted a baby...i started spotting a brown discharge...i went for a blood test that showed my hormone level of 33,000...i went for an ultrasound and that showed this...gestational sac at 6 w 4 d; normal appearing yolk sac; prod fetal pole at 5 w 6 d with no vascular pulsations...facts

however, there were 3 people in that room and we all saw what the tech said were flickers...only two during the test but we all saw them...the doctor gave me only a small shadow of hope here for a normal pregnancy but said if i am off on my dates it could be ok...i will go for another ultrasound friday but trying to stay positive with all this information is hard...i could really use some advice...thank you in advance.

jiggy349

Asked by jiggy349 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think there is still hope. With my oldest I went for an ultrasound at 6 wks and they could not detect a heartbeat at all. I went back 2 wks later and everything was fine.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• FACT: it may be too early to tell, Hold on to hope.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Keep hoping!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• That is pretty early to make a judgement call. Keep your spirts up and think positively. I'm sure you've heard of the power of positive thinking.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• theres still hope never give up :) try to stay happy eat some icecream and watch your fave movie
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 2:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would not worry. Six weeks is super early!! Think happy thoughts....hope is always there.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2010