Have you ever wondered what you could do to help abused and neglected children?

Copy and paste this link for a US directory

http://www.ajsplace-online.org/GuardianAL.html

What is a Guardian ad Litem /CASA?

A Guardian ad Litem is a volunteer appointed by the court to protect the rights and advocate the best interests of a child involved in a court proceeding. The volunteer Guardian ad Litem makes independent recommendations to the court by focusing on the needs of each child. The Guardian ad Litem advocates for the best interests of the child they represent.

Can anyone add any groups they know of or are involved in?

kerryket

Asked by kerryket at 11:26 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I want to add that unless you have the time and the desire to be an advocate, please do not do it. It is good that people have the desire to want to help, but many times that is the extent of it. With one job that I had, there were a few child advocates who were suppose to come by at least once a week to check in on the children. It was vary rare for them to actually come. They might come once every other month or so

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:38 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• advocates for children. i usually just make donations and try to donate time when i have it to help do things like clean or organize..sometimes bring a snack
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Honestly I would help a child if I saw abuse, but to put that responsibility into my own hands I would not want it....

Unless I knew the whole story and spoke to both the child, mother and witnesses-for both people.

Parents and kids lie..... It is scary to choose sides unless you get a clear picture.....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2010