im son is three months and he is drinking four oz. when do i know to give him more cuz the doc told me to give him water if he is not full

beautiful2257

Asked by beautiful2257 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is 3 months also...he eats till hes full hell let u know...bout 6 oz. sometimes 8 hes growing dont be scared to up his food...he NEEDS it.
    rockstarjessie

Answer by rockstarjessie at 6:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If he is still fussy after feeding, or you find that your feeding times are getting closer then you need to go up. Normally, they will eat till they are full. When you decide to increase his formula/breast milk, increase in 1 ounce/30ml, increments, this way you do not waste formula/breast milk. Best wishes.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 6:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Yikes, I do not know why your doc would tell you to give a baby this young water, but increase his food if he is hungry.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 6:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Your doctor is an idiot, feed that baby but don't overfeed him heres a feeding chart
    http://www.earthsbest.com/baby_nutrition/feeding_schedule_print.php
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Your doctor is STUPID!!! Water will hurt your baby; don't give him water, increase his milk!! Water will flush his kidneys and decrease sodium in his brain which could cause seizures.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• NO PLEASE DON'T GIVE YOU CHILD WATER THATS TO...................EARLY JUST INCREASE HIS FORMULA MY DAUGHTER WAS 2MONTHS OLD AND WAS AT 4 OZ BY 4 MO SHE WAS 5 1/2 OZ IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE BABY. AND GET YOURSELF A NEW DOCTOR IS AN IDIOT.... I HAVE 5 CHILDREN AND HAVE NEVER BEEN TOLD THAT.
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If the baby is still hungry, give him more milk/formula/whatever! Water doesn't really have any nutritional value and I was told by my doctor NOT to give my son water at that age. The only legit reason I could think a doctor would say something like that is if your baby is huge and overweight!
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 7:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my doctor told me that its not good to give him more than 4oz of water a day becuase he gets enough water on his milk my son is 7mos old i breast feed him for 6mos i think you should feed ur baby until he/she is satisfied if that baby is still fussy after the 4oz then that means hes not done eating.
    JBGmom

Answer by JBGmom at 7:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• wow u definetly need a new doctor...my daughter is 2 months and my doctor told me its harmful 2 give a baby that young waterl! just keep feeding him til his full...his a growing baby...good luck
    Nu_Momma2008

Answer by Nu_Momma2008 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• get a new doctor! You should be giving him only formula and how ever much he will eat. I think mine were drinking around 6 oz at 3 months
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2008