is this eczema?

my fourteen month old son has raised, red bumps on his chest, back, and neck. they seem to be getting worse as the days go by. I made him a Drs. appt but im worried. hes not scratching or anything. I think i might be paraniod but it never hurts to know for sure

mikeysmom87

Asked by mikeysmom87 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could be eczema or it also sound like it could be a strep rash. When is his appointment?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:42 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It could be eczema but its odd that it would just appear out of nowhere...especially in the summer. Usually eczema ismore common in the winter. It could be heat rash or maybe even roseola. Has he had a fever at all?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Would you let us know what they doc says it is?

:D hope it isn't anything serious!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My son has eczema and what you described doesnt sound anything like it. Id check with ur doctor.
    kgmmw

Answer by kgmmw at 3:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• That isn't true that eczema is more common in the winter, it is irritated by heat.

Eczema is basically just dry skin. Does the skin look dry, or does is look like a rash? It could be a detergent rash, an allergy, etc. If it looks dry and red, put on some ointment (not lotion) preferably Aquaphor, and don't use soap for a while (unless you must!). If your son isn't irritated by it, and doesn't have a fever, I wouldn't worry too much, but be aware is might be a food allergy! Have you introduced any new foods lately? Eggs? Soy?
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 7:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My son's eczema comes and goes with no relation to the weather, and it changes its appearance too. Right now he has bumps on his legs that are not red at all, and a spot on one elbow that is raised and red and a little scaly and dry. Eczema is har dto figure out so I just keep asking the doc, lol. If it is eczema, you just have to moisturize the heck out of it. 2-3 times a day use a heavy, good quality lotion. I like Aveeno. Eucerin is also a good one.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:43 AM on Jul. 27, 2010