• In the Spotlight:

39 weeks pregnant....please help! adult content

Yesterday morning i was having very strong irregular contractions, the past 3 days Ive had awful back pain too, well my hubby & I went in to get checked yesterday, contractions were weak & irregular by then, I was checked and was 2cm, high and posterior, the nurse had us walk the maternity ward for an hr then check me again. Still 2cm. She sent me home & said to try sex....so we did, I didn't br to clean up & there was stringy mucous with brown & pink streaks, was it m bloody show or just my cervix from the sex? After this I was on the couch having quite strong contractionsvever 3-5 minutes lasting 30-40 seconds, so i switched positions, went pee & walked upstairs and I was still getting them, so i went to bed. havent had them yet today. If i was my bloody show does that mean labor is close? i due in 6 days and i know my edd is correct because this is a honeymoon baby, and we didn't have sex until then. Any insight?

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yeah i think labors around the corner, get ready and do whatever u have to, i think its really close. GL. dont over whelm urself, try to rest, i'd rest cuz u'll need the strength and eat healithily, high fiber foods.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• it sounds like your body is gearing up for it.

I am unable to go into labor unless my water breaks. My water only ever broke on it's own once, and then they had to RE BREAK it, because I had a fore bag. It sounds like you are going through what I went through. If you are contracting off and on, and are really uncomfortable, tell your doctor.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:52 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Tit wont be long. Try to rest. Your gonna need your strength.
    mrswhite417

Answer by mrswhite417 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• you're definately almost there! CONGRATS!! Try and rest today and get everything ready and in order and if you start feeling regular contractions again go in and at least get checked! Good Luck :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:58 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It was probably from having your cervix checked, not from show or from the sex.

You're almost there, though, mamma. Just let it happen when it's gonna happen. YOU WILL NOT BE PREGNANT FOREVER! I promise :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• your definatly getting close. try and rest have your man get whatever you need to be ready to go. if the contractions come back today atleast go get checked out. i can't hurt. good luck and congrats
    madysmom112309

Answer by madysmom112309 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I agree with everyone! Sounds like you are getting close!
    koyanddagansmom

Answer by koyanddagansmom at 2:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• oh idk but heres a bump i hope you get your answer
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 2:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2010