Americans being deported???????

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2010/07/25/nr.lemon.americans.deported.cnn?hpt=T2

thoughts??

Asked by older at 11:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Deporting someone who isn't an alien is cruel and unsual punishment! This was happening en masse in the 30's when "la migra" would sweep through labor camps and farms---thousands of American citizens were sent to Mexico (it is always Mexico, isn't it?) when they had never set foot outside of California--their convicting offense...they spoke fluent Spanish.

Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• ok..he was 18 and throwing rock and got convicted of assault...Thats NOT a kid dear! At 18 your happy butt is grown and you KNOW you are wrong. And fair and balanced CNN. Only showing ONE side....good job! Shit happens. Every day in EVERY situation. People lose kids who shouldnt. People are convicted of crimes they didnt do (MY hubby!). FIX the loop hole dont end the LAW forit! I mean damn...should we just suspend ALL law since SOME innocent people end up in jail???

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• :( Damn I wish I could view this but my sound isn't working! UGH!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It sounds like it was his mother's fault for not filling out the paperwork like she should have. Not the governments fault. It has nothing to do with Arizona. How difficult is it to carry your State issued ID with you, really? It is not hard. People are making this worse than it really is. If he really was a citizen, which he was NOT thanks to his mother. Then it would not have taken 10 years to come back. If you want to place blame, place it on his mom because she didn't do what she needed to do and her son got deported. Oh well.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• momo, people who break the law are still citizens and they do not get deported for such things!

Comment by older (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• and by the way cnn is not the only news reporting this........................................

Comment by older (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I am not saying that it IS. It was twoi seperate points. Sorry...didnt clarify it better! Him and the reporter ewre acting like at 18 he was all sweet and innocent and poor little KID! No WAY! THAT was wrong and just took away from the rest of the story. The OTHER point

Shit happens. Every day in EVERY situation. People lose kids who shouldnt. People are convicted of crimes they didnt do (MY hubby!). FIX the loop hole dont end the LAW forit! I mean damn...should we just suspend ALL law since SOME innocent people end up in jail???

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I didn't see the link, but how in the world can a citizen get deported?! Where do they send him? OK I will go to the link
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I think we'd all like to deport our kids at one time or another. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• stacy, they sent him back to jamaica where he was born.

Comment by older (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2010