I am 2cm and 50% thinned I need advice

I am having contractions but I am staying at 2cmm and 50%, my dr will not "break my water" until I am past 42 weeks [ something he believes in ] I am a week over due and am in so much pain I can barely get up and down because of all the pressure, I have can not sleep at night I am lucky to get an hour of sleep a night this has been going on for the past 2 weeks and I am on edge all the time :( I am allergic to Tylenol so I can not take that to help ease the pain, does anyone know of any thing I can do to help my cervix dilate because unless I am 4cm or past 42 weeks I am stuck :( So please any suggestions would be appreciated greatly

DavinaT

Asked by DavinaT at 11:53 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• omg! I was induced a few days past my due date... it's your call but i would get a doctor that would induce me unless there is a medical reason not to hun. GL and hope you get to see your little bundle soon! :)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• HAve you tried taking warm beths to help ease the pain and to help you relax? Maybe try walking a bunch even tho it hurts to maybe speed things up or at least make your water break. I hope things get better! Keep us updated!
    blroberts4

Answer by blroberts4 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• How about finding ways to deal with your pain instead of artificially trying to start labor? That's MUCH safer.

For the pressure, I find hands and knees positions to be very comfortable. Try leaning over a birth ball on your knees to watch TV. It feels great AND it's good for baby's position :)

If you're havign back pain, the same positions help.

Try taking a hot bath (just monitor your temperature, hot baths are safe as long as your temp doesn't go over 102 degrees).

Some light exercise will probably help too. Go for a short walk or do some yoga.

For having trouble sleeping, try some hot tea and a magnesium suppliment.

I know these last weeks suck. I'm 38 1/2 weeks and getting really, really uncomfortable myself. But dealing with the problems and not trying to force baby out sooner than they're ready is the safest way to go :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i used and excersize ball, omg that was great! also nipple stimulation worked for me. but really your baby should stay in as long as you can hold it, lol. it is safer. but i know how you feel. at this time your body is pretty tired and heavy. the presure sucks, but soon you will have your baby and have forgotten all about it. get some rest and play with your nipples all the time. that is what i did. also semen will ripen your cervix.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 12:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I walked for 2 hours at target with my first it seemed like it was taking forever but I began to get more contractions and eventually within a few hours reached 4cm and they had to keep me. my doctor then broke my water to help speed up labor.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Your doctor actually sounds like he's trying to do things in your best interest. Unless there is a medical problem, a baby SHOULDN'T be induced until 42 weeks. He is probably trying to avoid an unnecessary c-section(something few doctors do). 50% of inductions end in c-sections. Actually, a friend of mine just two weeks ago was induced for no medical reason and it ended very badly. The most proven way to speed up the labor process at home is sex. Prostaglandins in semen, plus the uterine contractions and relaxation of the cervix during orgasm can accelerate cervical dialation and effacement. And I feel your pain not being able to take anything for your pain. I'm lethaly reactive to most medications. 100% epidural free births for me, plus I had sciatica, serious backpain, and full body muscle cramps with all three of my pregnancies. The pain just makes you stronger. Hang on! :)
    Misty14

Answer by Misty14 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2010