Would you expect a honey moon?

If you had taken a week long vacation abroad and then gotten proposed to on that same vacation and then a month later got married.

Would you expect to go on a honey moon? Or would you be fine with just a weekend getaway?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• For your situation, I would think that a weekend getaway was fine. I never really got a honeymoon. We had to rush everything and he had to report back to the Army 2 days after his graduation. He jokes that we had a 3 year long honeymoon in Germany though, lol.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'd be fine with a weekend getaway since the wedding happened so soon after the week long vacation. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• weekend get away, a trip, then a wedding? that doesn't leave much pocket change :Plol
    if u have the money i'd go though.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• so what your saying is you are on vaca and your SO asks you to marry him and then a month later you are already married....geez moving slightly fast! But I would like to just go away for the night or whatever....any time with him is better than nothing
    branmomma32

Answer by branmomma32 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I've never been married, and I pray someday I will have this huge wedding, and I would expect a huge honeymoon as well. Call me selfish, but isn't that the tradition? The groom should be prepared to shower his bride with a nice L O N G honeymoon.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• hubby and i have been together 10 years, never had the REAL wedding and never had the honeymoon either... that's what happens when you're young and broke and get pregnant :P But it doesn't seem as important to me now, i'd rather have a family vacation or spend the $$ on a house of our own :P But if its something you can afford i say go for it! doesn't have to be a long extravagent honeymoon, just a weekend getaway at a nice hotel near u is nice too, the point is about spending time together :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• a weekend getaway. We got married on a budget and I was pregnant with twins and on pelvic rest, sue it would have been nice but a weekend with just my love and me would have been amazing!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't think you need a honeymoon. We didn't have one and it hasn't made our marriage any different.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I probably wouldn't just because of the tome constraints.
    But I didn't have a honeymoon and no vacation in 9 years ... so I'd love to go somewhere!!!
    jax3

Answer by jax3 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We have agreed when we get married, it will be a backyard thing since it's neither of our first wedding. He asked me a long time ago as a matter of fact thing but he knows that he has to make it official. We are also on a time limit for personal reasons so I figure it will be soon.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jul. 26, 2010