How can i get my 12yr old to chang her attitude

You ask her to do something she doesn't want to do and you would have thought i would have asked her to go clean the house by herself kind umf...she lies alot and i dont know what to do about it grounding dont work neither does spanking her. Even tried just sitting her down and talking to her about everything...got any ideas let me know

sweetpea2502

Asked by sweetpea2502 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• start taking things from her....if she has a cell phone, computer, ipod, radio, TV, take them all away.....also you have to understand ALOT of tweens do through the whole attitude thing....its only going to get worse before it starts to get better.....
    branmomma32

Answer by branmomma32 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• we ve gone as far as that and thats not affected her
    sweetpea2502

Comment by sweetpea2502 (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• 12 is too old for spanking. Sounds like you need to get your inner bitch out & let her know how it is. If she doesn't do it, take everything away to bare minimum. I mean nothing in her room but a bed & a desk. My mom did this to my brother & he had to earn everything back little by little. It really helped him realize how hard it is to do house work though. After that, he always helped. My mom was a tough cookie though. She never yelled, or got mad. She just found other ways to make you miserable if you didn't do as she said...lol.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Eventually loss of privileges (no phone, no tv, not seeing friends, etc.) will impact her ... you just need to stay consistent. The other thing I did with my kids is that if they were assigned one chore and did not do it, not only did I revoke privileges, I also added an additional chore. Each and every time. The problems were over pretty quick after that.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:36 AM on Jul. 27, 2010