Diet Pills

Has anyone taken the Lipo 6 Black pills?? Or does anyone have any suggestions on which ones to take? Thank You

armywife2bnm

Asked by armywife2bnm at 12:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• There is NO magic pill for weight loss. ONLY diet and excercise will help you loose weight and keep it off. If there really was an effective, and SAFE weight loss pill, the drug company's would have it and it would be prescription only and cost ALLOT of $$. Diet pill commercials on late night TV are LIES. Herbal supplements that claim you will loose weight fast are LIES Alli is the ONLY FDA approved weight loss pill in the world today. You still have to alter how and what you eat, but Alli works!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:33 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• If you are gonna take some, I would opt for the Alli. The rest will increase your heart rate and are not approved by the FDA.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• No matter what, diet pills will never get you the look you're seeking or even close for that matter. It's a placebo! Just like ordering a Big Mac with a diet coke. Forget the pills and put your running shoes on and hit the road or the gym. If getting into shape was easy, don't you think everyone would look great. But once you get there, it's so worth it! I get the looks all the time. See you at the gym!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• my doctor put me on phentermine to suppress my appetite during the day. It has helped me lose a few pounds, but nothing like I thought it was going to. I started them in Feb and have lost maybe five lbs. Granted, I've not really been doing anything else to help lose weight, but the phentermine actually does stop me from being hungry!
    lilmama121406

Answer by lilmama121406 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• alli and lipo 6 are completely different.

alli works on the fat you eat.
    lipo 6 is a thermogenic/fat burner. other than a few different chemicals, it's the same as hyrdoxicut and other diet pills.
    green tea and boat loads of caffiene.

dr's are prescribing phentermine like crazy now.
    its a powerful appetite surpressant.
    my husband took it twice. first time he had wild hallucinations when he stopped taking it. second time he developed severe depression.

but unless you change your eating habits and start moving you're wasting your time and not going to lose weight and keep it off.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 3:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• pills do absolutely nothing unless you work your butt off. Pills will only HELP you lose weight maybe just a tad faster. But, if you're not exercising & eating healthy or sticking with the program for the whole 6 weeks, then you might as well throw them out. You have to exercise & eat right, that is the only way pills will aid in weight loss.

It's funny how people want help from a pill, then refuse to work out & eat right.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2010