Does it seem like your kid is growing too fast or is it just me?

My 5 1/2 year old gathered up all her Dora stuff (books, dolls, games) last night to give to her cousin-sister (my best friend's daughter, who is 3). She told me she's 5 1/2 now, she's too big for Dora. That it's a "little kid thing, not a little-big kid thing". :-(
Now, she's riding a bigger bike with both hand and peddle brakes and saying she doesn't need tucked in anymore (I still sneak in for the kisses once she's sleeping though!). Talking about it being time to take off the training wheels, doing all her bath stuff by herself and saying I only need to be in there to "talk".
Where is my baby?!!?
Anyone else feel like their kid should still be in diapers and spoon fed, not starting school and talking about being too big for stuff?
I know she's growing and all that, but I don't have to be happy about it!!!
:-)

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• My oldest is ELEVEN! I am totally amazed that he is that old. He started middle school today!

My middle son is such a little smarty pants! He is always saying things that shock and amaze me because they are so advanced for his age.

And my baby, my sweet little baby is almost potty trained. How in the world did that happen? I am happy because no more diapers, but also sad because I am coming to terms with us not having anymore babies, so babyhood is gone now for good.

Hey thanks a lot! Now I am SERIOUSLY depressed!

:p
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Well my son is only 2 1/2, but I always sit there in amazement and wonder where my little one has gone. He is almost out of diapers completely and is very independent. It amazes me also what come out of my son's mouth. He has also learned to ride a bike(with training wheels). So even though I am at a different stage with my lo.. I do know how you feel and realize how quick they grow up. My son is always walking around going I get bigger and go to school on school bus".. He loves the school bus. I think I am going to cry so hard when that happens! lol
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 12:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I know the feeling. DS is 4 1/2 and showers by himself. He told me the other day to go away and that he would call me when he was done. He has biding a "big kid" bike with training wheels for over a year now and just asked to have those taken off. It is amazing to me the things that he knows and how mechanical inclined he is at such a young age. I wish he would stay little forever but I know that can't happen. Next year he is going off to kindergarten and I have no idea where the time went. :(
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2010