Someone is taking photos of my kids and putting on there FaceBook ???

I have a family member that we disowned years ago, she is very mental and has been in and out of the instution many times, it was ordered by CPS that she couldnt go around my children last year after a few horrible things she pulled . Some how she has got photos of my children from other family members Face Book pages and she is posting them all over her page etc . Also even thought I havent seen it myself I was told by some family members she also printed them out and hung them in her home. Is there anything I can do about the facebook thing, I DO NOT give her permission to be posting photos of my children and DO NOT even want her having photos of my children at all. And advice on what I can do about this ?

bshelly

Asked by bshelly at 12:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know they do this a lot . my SIL took some of my pics- I am wondering how they do that (I tried getting some pics of my new nephew but heck if I can get it to do it for me).... I'm not sure how but also on your end not sure what legal rights you have to the pictures... interesting though ..here's a bump!

bump

hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Try getting in touch with someone through face book. I talked to someone directly when I forgot my password. Usually they send your password to the email that you are using to sign in well I didnt have that email anymore so it was very hard for to me to get it. I emailed this person back and forth a few times and it worked. Also try in touch with CPS....maybe that can give you adivce. I know it can be frustrating but think about it at least she is not taking those pics herself and what not.
    branmomma32

Answer by branmomma32 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• All you have to do to get someones pictures off of face book is to right click and save the picture to your hard drive. Unless your entire family blocks her from their pictures, she can get them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I am so sorry you are going through this.. Have you tried contacting Facebook themselves about the pictures on the page? I think isn't it against the policy of facebook to take pictures off of someones facebook and post on theirs? I will bump your question to hope you get a better answer. Maybe contact your local police and just see if they have any suggestions or contact CPS again and let them know what is going on and if there is anything they can do to help you. Good luck
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 12:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Ask your family members to remove photos with your kids, or customize their privacy settings to hide photos from this person, if they've friended her on facebook. If she copied the photos and then posted them, I don't think there's anything you can do, other than to report the photos (at the bottom right of any photo there's a link) to Facebook. As for her printing them out and hanging them in her home...I suspect there's nothing you can do about that.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'd get in contact with facebook or simply click report photo on the picture, no matter what if I ever happen to take a picture of another child I always make sure with the parents that its ok to post the picture. I would not appreciate anyone posting pictures of my children without my consent.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You and your family members need to change your photo privacy settings. There is a way in which you can only show photos to the people you choose. I suggest you do this from here on out. Getting existing photos taken off of her page will probably be more difficult. Contact FB and explain to them the court order. If they don't do anything, keep on complaining.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• The only thing you can do is send a message to the FB admins explaining that those are pictures of your kids and the person displaying them is a threat to your kids. Then ask the rest of your family to lock their pictures so that the one you don't want asround your kids can't see them. I don't know what you could do about the ones in her house if anything.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• This is why it's not a good idea to post pictures, period. Even if they are click protected a person can still snag them, by taking a picture of their screen. If I can see it on my screen, I have the picture! Period! (There is software that allows you just to take snap shot of selected images, even if it's right clicked protected). I would try contacting facebook directly and see what if anything you can do about it. I would also in the future consider adding a watermark to all pictures posted (OWNED) by you on the Internet. The watermark a lot of times deters people form snaging, and help show/determine who the proper owner is. Watermarking is easy to do with a photo editing software. There are some FREE ones out there like picasa.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Tell your family not to post the pics. And you don't need to post them either. My brother in law insisted that we not put up pics of his daughter on our sites. He was very protective and freaked out bc one of his neices was kidnapped by a "friend" of his brothers.
    mrswhite417

Answer by mrswhite417 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2010