2 part question are u afraid of someone stealing your baby names, and did u find it harder naming boy or girl

I personally feel like its so hard coming up with boy names but i could think of literally almost a hundred girl names i like easily

rockabell2003

Asked by rockabell2003 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Baby Names

• No one can "steal" a name, as no one owns a name.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I agree with alice above.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Not really scared but when I name my children I put alot of thought into it and alot of time in finding the perfect name for my children. I also don't want to give my children a name that alot of people have. I think I found it a little more difficult to name my girls then my boys.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Agree with the ladies above about the "stealing".. & I find it harder to pick a boy name.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Someone is stealing your kids name? Really? Did you have a patent on it? If you like it, use it. Why waste your time over a name? Okay, let's move onto something more meaningful like the effects of deflation and our economy.
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I guess what im meaning is, do you worry that you will have a name picked out that you really like and someone close to you friend family member, whoever will decide to use it. I know someone who was going to name her baby emma and then i told them i had been thinking about the name phoebe alot and then a week later her baby is phoebe with the middle name emma
    rockabell2003

Comment by rockabell2003 (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• That is why I don't discuss baby names with anyone other than my husband.

But I agree you can't steal a baby name.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• if you like a name use it, even if someone else does. i think boy names are harder too.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• boys names are easy IMO. i have a hard time picking girl names.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I think girl names are harder for us. It took us forever to come up with a name we like. Boy names however, we like a lot of them just can't decide on one. As far as stealing... don't tell anyone the name until you find out the sex and have determined the name. Or you could do like my friend and announce the name at the hospital. My sister had sais since she was little that when she had a girl her name would be aubry. She got pregnant last october and then miscarried. Her sisterinlaw however had a baby in may and named her aubry. I don't think that's right at all and everyone has told the SIL that she's nothin but a b!$*&
    mrswhite417

Answer by mrswhite417 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010