Does anyone know anything about the effects of comming off birthcontrol and TTC, like how long does it take the BC to get out of your system? My husband and I are TTC #3, I have endometreosis and don't have a much time as we would like. My doctor says I need to concieve within 2 yrs or go on treatment or have a complete hysterectomy! So we are trying ang praying! Any answers or advice?

MommyTahra

Asked by MommyTahra at 2:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it toke my sister almost 2 years to get it all out of her system but everyone is different
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 3:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I had a friend come off of it and it took her a year. But everyone is different. I had another that was off a week and got preggers. It is really your system. And I guess how fertile you are. Hope that helps.
    crissya1981

Answer by crissya1981 at 3:04 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• The OB clinic that I worked for recommended to their patients to wait 3 months after stopping oral Birth control to try and conceive.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• They say it takes 3 months to a year for oral birth control to exit the system. Have him take zinc and a daily vitamin. You take your vitamins and exercise. This helped my husband and i a lot. Good luck to you and your family!!!! Hope there is another little one running around real soon.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I got pregnant with my son within the 1st month of coming off the pill.
    mommy485

Answer by mommy485 at 8:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2008